1. The street status was discussed and all looked good at the time, but a
recent hydraulic spill by a commercial truck dumped fluid at the end of the road
and also a strip of spill all the way down the road. I am trying to contact
Capeway towing to determine the company who owned the disabled truck. I also
contacted the Sandwich police.
2. I ran into Bud Sherman and asked him about future road plowing and he
seemed very willing to continue to plow the road.
3. The annual cookout is planned for 7/26 and it was agreed to hire the
same company to do another pizza party. Location to be determined but Mr.
Miller's house is a front runner.
4. I heard from a resident who is close with the Sandwich Police Dept that
the Coast Guard is very close to assessing fines to the owner of the "boat on
the beach" and it may be removed very soon! I gave the owner's
contact information to John Drew
5. Lou Sousa contacted Michael Dutra (Sinatra impersonator) for our 9/6
Fall Fling and I now have a contract to hire Mr. Dutra to perform for $1,000. I
will sign it ASAP. We all must really market this performance and get a HUGE
turnout for the event, which will help pay for the event! Thank You Lou
Sousa!
6. We will try to have our Annual meeting at the same church location as
we have our Fall Fling. We decided to not use the Colony Club this year. More
details to follow.
7. I will send out an email soon to all residents reinforcing the issue
about ATV's on the beach. Owners will be asked to remind their renters about the
ATV policy and owners will also be reminded to refrain from ATV's on the beach
and right-of-ways
8. Lou Sousa will try to attain 20 MPH street signs from a contact of his
to be installed on the road to further highlight the speed limit on the street.
We will have to install them ourselves either on poles or with new support
stakes
9. Linda Shelton will contact the Sandwich Police Dept to inquire about
getting a potential police detail on the Canal Centennial Day to avoid tourist
traffic and end-of-road parking on Phillips during this extremely busy
weekend.
10. Jim Langenbach will contact Gibbs Rubbish to try to get a more
competitive price on trash pickup. We may create a "Request for Proposal"
(RFP) from 2 or 3 vendors to try to secure lower prices if Gibbs
prices remain the same.
11. John Drew will contact John Coyne to convince him to be an area rep for
area 1. We have 2 open area rep positions in Area 1 and 2 to replace Peg O'Hara
and Art Moshier.
Respectfully Submitted,
Lou Julian
Lou Julian
No comments:
Post a Comment